Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Logo- The Channel for Gays

MTV, owned by Viacom, announced that it has launched Logo, a channel for gay and lesbians. I first learned about this from Dr. Mohler's blog and decided to investigate Logo's website. The cable channel will broadcast anything from gay marriage reality shows to comedies and movies about gays. My first thought was this station will be no big deal because no one will watc it.
But as I pondered it some more, I realized that Logo will have the power of Viacom behind it. Viacom also owns CBS, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, UPN, VH1, CMT, BET, Spike, Comedy Central, TV Land, Showtime, and all the other MTV's 2, 3, etc. They also own many billboards around the country. The advertising power alone scares me and this is coupled with the power of MTV, who spends millions to research to determine what is cool, so they can stay on the cutting edge of culture.

When it comes down to it, this really scares me. My generation was one the first ones to never really know a time without MTV and you can see the influence it has had on our society. With this station, I can foresee many children and teens looking to it for answers about gays. This station will provide a constant stream of the homosexual worldview into our homes and it seems like their is nothing we can do about it. Homosexuality is and will become normalized, which is a very dangerous place to be. How can fight this channel? boycott, letters, preaching... I don't know off hand, but we have to do something. This channel is a huge victory for the gay agenda, and you are fooling yourself if you think they don't have an agenda.

What is Logo? (from the Logo website)
LOGO is the newest channel from MTV Networks, the force behind channels like VH1, MTV, TV Land and SpikeTV. LOGO is entertainment programming for lesbians and gays and just about anyone who enjoys a gay point of view. LOGO is for us, our friends and our family. LOGO is originals. LOGO is movies. LOGO is documentaries. LOGO is news. LOGO is specials. LOGO is the channel for Gay America. Finally.

1 comment:

dc said...

Gotch, I think you did a great job on this blog.......of covering up your enthusiam for this new gay channel. Hey, I bet you did a lot more than just "check out" the site. I bet you checked John Wiley's nude pix on there too. And no I will certainly not go on that gay marriage reality show with you. At least not until I get a ring.