Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday Evening at SBC Convention

Again not much to report all of the motions were either referred to committee or called out of order which really frustrates me. They were called out of order because they were addressed to the wrong entity or were not worded right. Anyway I guess you have to know how to play the game.

Not surprising Johnny Hunt was elected president and Bill Henard was elected as first vice-pres. The thing that surprised me was that there wasn't a run-off. I couldn't believe that Dr. Hunt pulled over fifty percent with all the guys running.

The highlight of the evening was getting to go to a screening of Fireproof. It is a movie from the makers of Facing the Giants. They had a free screening tonight. The movie was AWESOME. I was impressed with the story, the acting, and the quality of the film. I am excited that something that is a piece of art that is christian in nature is not cheesy or not a rip off of something that is secular. It is completely original and will be a great help in reaching people for Christ and help built stronger marriages. Go and see it when it comes out in Sept.

Well tomorrow is the last day. I don't think anything exciting will happen, which is good and bad, but if it does I will let you know.

No comments: