Monday, June 09, 2008

Monday Evening - SBC Pastor's Conference

I am back at the luxurious Holiday Inn Express. Today was filled with reuniting with old friends, listening to great messages, and enjoying a very special guest.

In the afternoon session coach Tony Dungy made a guest appearance. I am a huge Colts fan so this was real treat. He only spoke for about ten minutes with an inspirational message to keep doing God's work. It was definitely a highlight for me.

I also enjoyed the message by Hayes Wicker this morning. He spoke about when Jacob wrestled with God and how blessedness comes through brokenness. I also enjoyed Jimmy Draper's message. It seemed like he was trying to say what he would if never got the chance to speak again. He spoke about the need for revival. One thing that stuck out to me was he said we need to put aside the Calvinist vs. Arminianist argument which he says we will never come to agreement (I agree). If we experience true revival then we should be able to put aside differences and focus on more important things.

I also enjoyed James MacDonald's message. It was a very convicting sermon. He spoke on repentance from 2 Cor. 7:8-12. God definitely dealt with me and is still dealing with me about some things. MacDonald is becoming on of my favorite speakers. Lastly, I really liked Kerry Shook's message. He encouraged us to live as if we only has one month to live. He gave the same challenge to his church and I don't know how much later, but they baptized over 800 on one Sunday. They also have as many in small groups as they do in worship attendance about 7000. God is really working in his church.

Overall the day was good. I got some good swag. I also got to eat at P.F. Chang's, mmmm, I would highly recommend the beef with broccoli. I am looking forward to the business and sermons tomorrow.

No comments: