Monday, June 09, 2008

Monday Morning at SBC Pastor's Conf.

I just finished my breakfast at the great holiday inn express right across from the brand new Colts stadium. Last night was really good. I missed Johnny Hunt but my friends said he really want after us as SB. He challenged us to wake up or we will lose half our churches by 2030. That is scary. I really want to go back and listen later on.

Dr. Simmons had a great message on prayer. He challenged pastors to have a strong personal prayer time. He read from 2 Cor. 4:7 and encouraged us to be jars filled with the timeless power of the treasure that is Jesus.

Finally, Dr. Tom Elliff spoke and told all of us that we needed to filled with God's Spirit. He said often our hearts are like unplowed hard ground (Hosea 10:12). We need to plow up the hard ground of our hearts and be filled with God's Spirit. Overall both of the messages I heard we good and really spoke to me.

No comments: