Friday, March 11, 2005

Thoughts on Evangelism

Yesterday, I attended the Evangelism Renewal Conference that is put on annually by the State Convention of Indiana Baptist. While I was listening to the great speakers I was overwhelmed by feeling of conviction. As a youth pastor you would think that I would have a lot of opportunities to share the gospel. However, since my wife and I have moved to Indiana most of the people that we know are from our church. I have not made a conscious effort to build relationships with lost people. When you work in a church there are a lot of little things that sometimes take priority over the most important thing. Paul reminds of the main thing in 1 Corinthians 2:2, “For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.” The Corinthian church got of track by arguing about small stuff like who baptized who, who follows Apollos, who follows Paul, etc. Paul points them back to Jesus saying when he was with them he only preached Jesus Christ and him crucified. In my own ministry I have to work on the small stuff, but I need to keep Jesus as the main thing. I have to make a conscious effort to build relationships with people that I can share the gospel with. Brothers and Sister, It is time to stop playing church and starting making a difference for Christ.

Check out the Indiana Baptist:www.scbi.org

No comments: