Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Resource Alert!

I remember reading Understanding Today's Youth Culture by Walt Mueller when I was in school, it is a great book but now is very outdated. I was surprised to find an updated version of the book now called Youth Culture 101 by Mueller in my local Christian book store. I am just now diving into the book, but it looks good and I would recomend it to all parents and youth workers.

I also went only to find that Mueller also has a website devoted to youth culture: http://www.cpyu.org/ which stands for Center for Parent/Youth Understanding. I found a lot of media articles and a lot of youth culture articles among other things on the site. It is a very good site and seems to be updated several times a day. Check it out to find out about current youth culture trends. This site will also produces a journal on youth culutre. I am awaiting my first issue and will report about it when I get it.

1 comment:

ConnerByrd said...

I found your blog by searching for "Youth Guy's Night" and saw someone with my "name!" HA. I'm "That Youth Guy" on mySpace. Looking at your profile, other than you using Blogger instead of Wordpress and pulling for Kentucky instead of LSU we've share a ton of the same interests :) I look forward to checking out your blog man!

Conner over at worship.wordpress.com