Tuesday, April 05, 2005

My Apologies

I am sorry for not writing last week. It was a non-stop busy week. So much happened. Things were crazy at church, home, and everywhere in between. In the world the Pope passed away and oh, some girl named Terri passed away.

The media has seemed to forgotten about Terri. They were more than happy to trade stories about the Schindler and Schiavo families for an 84 year old religious leader. The death of the Pope is a big deal, but it seems that Terri has now been forgot about. Those that were for Terri's death now breathe a sigh of relief and continue on with their lives. Those that were for Terri's life cried and mourned, but nothing in the world really changed. If all people learned out of this situation was that we all need to have a living will then we all missed the point.

Terri taught me a lot about the workings of the government. For instance it can not always stop a heinous crime and that the will of the people really doesn't matter in every instance. What really matters in government is judges. It seems that moral ground will be won and lost with judges.

Terri taught me another thing. In my short 25 years on the earth, I knew in my head that life isn't always fair. I have even experienced it in small doses, but not like I experienced last week. When Terri was killed (some say murdered) without a second chance to sort out all the facts with an impartial judge, it just didn't seem fair. Life taught us all a cruel lesson that the people that deserve death don't always receive it and vice versa.

I hope Terri will be remembered for a long time. She should be honored as a hero. My prayers still go out to the family and friends of Terri.

No comments: