Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Told You So: Splenda

I am not often right but when I am watch out. For years people have been telling me that pink sweeteners (which I love) like Sweet n Low cause cancer and that Diet Coke (which is my crack) is bad because of the sweetener they use. These same people praise Splenda as a better alternative. I told them to just wait because someone would come out with a study eventually that proved Splenda to be harmful and it happened.
A new Duke University study finds that the artificial sweetener Splenda contributes to obesity, destroys beneficial intestinal bacteria and may interfere with absorption of prescription drugs.
- Consumer Affairs (click for entire article)

I am sure people will fire back with other studies and the debate will go on for a long time, but for now I told you so.

No comments: